Tuesday, January 12, 2016

2015 Recap

So I thought I would start off by giving a short recap of the happenings in 2015.

We had a baby boy!! Well technically Lincoln was born in 2014, but it was at the very end of the year so we can just put him in 2015's recap!

My husband and I celebrated our 6th anniversary!

My oldest son turned three!

Now for the whooper. My husband accepted a job in a new state and got out of the Marine Corps! I know, I know! Big deal! Some of you who don't know us very well may not see the enormity of this! Lets start by addressing the big move. It all happened in about a month and half! He got a phone call about a possible opening at an independent auction in South Carolina. He and the boys and I hoped in the car a few days later and drove down here (over here?) for the interview. As you can probably guess, he got the job! So within about a month and a half of making that decision we found ourselves in a new city, in a new home, and away from all of our friends and families! Craziness! To say it has been an adjustment is understating this situation, but for fear of sounding crazy I'll leave it as "oh it's just been an adjustment". 

The move went about as smoothly as it could go considering we moved states with two small children in tow. We've already met some amazing people and we really are adjusting to our new environment! Well some of us, some others (cough me cough) are still having some difficulties. #struggles.... just kidding. I don't hashtag.  

I said all that to say this, last year was unexpected, confusing, difficult, and a bit crazy and I let it get to me. I let what was going on around me influence the way I acted. As we all know, as mothers and wives, the way we act directly influences our husbands and children. If you are letting your environment effect the way your mood is toward the ones you love, then it will most likely make a difficult situation worse. I pretty much just slapped myself in the face with that statement!

Now on to 2016's happenings!

We have been in South Carolina for five months! During that time we have gotten plugged into a new gym and a new church!

My youngest son turned one and is currently attempting to set the record for most bruises on a baby!

My husband and I just celebrated our seventh anniversary! I am extremely proud of this number! We've had our fair share of difficult years, but we are stronger now than I thought possible! That may sound cliche but that's okay. I'm doing this new thing where I don't care!

I have picked out two key words/phrases for this year. I decided to do this instead of making any actual resolutions! One, no one ever keeps those, and two, I feel like it will help me in every aspect of my life instead of focusing on one particular section, because lets face it, I need help in everything!

1. To be intentional. 
I want to be intentional in everything! I want to build up my husband every day, I want to teach my children certain things, I want to be successful in our finances, and I want to study my Bible and learn more about Jesus. All these things need to be put into motion in an intentional way! I need to intentionally think of ways I can bless my husband. I need to intentionally think about and prepare for every section of my life! This part will take a lot of work but I believe if I am intentional in these aspects that I will receive more blessings in return than I could ever give out! 

2. To stop making excuses. Pretty self explanatory. 
This is where the whole blog idea came to mind. I love to be inspired by women, but more than that I love to be inspired by mothers! I love to hear about the struggles and how they over came them or are currently getting through them! There are so many women in my life that have inspired me to be the woman I am today. I firmly believe that God placed each of those women in my path to help prepare and to encourage me! So I want to be that for someone else! Even if only one person reads my blog and is able to take encouragement from it, then I will have done what I set out to do. So this year I want to stop all the excuses of why I shouldn't write, and just do it!

Wow, so now that I let you into my life a little bit I should probably slow down! This was my introduction! Hopefully I have something to say in the future and hopefully someone wants to read it! If not, that's okay! It's therapeutic just to type it all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment